May 10, 2011
4 Potatoes (Medium to Large)
1 Tbsp Ginger Chili Paste (1 Chili + Inch Piece Ginger)
1 Tbsp Coriander Leaves
½ Tsp Garam Masala
½ Tsp Ammchur Powder
Salt to Taste
Oil Pan Fry
- Cook Potatoes until well done. I cook them in microwave. To cook by microwave, peel, clean, rough chop, and cook in a covered bowl on 6-7 minutes or until done. Time will vary depending on your microwave.
- In a mixing bowl, mash Potatoes and add all other ingredients except oil.
- Mix well and do taste test. If necessary, adjust seasonings.
- Take a hand full of mixture in your hand, from a ball, and press it down between palms to flatten it lightly. Flatten Potato Patti should be about 1/3 – ¼ inch thick.
- Repeat until all mixture is finished.
- Heat a pan on medium heat.
- Once hot, spread oil on one surface of the Patti and place on pan oily surface touching pan.
- Let it cook until a golden brown crust forms.
- Now oil surface facing up and flip to cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Patties are done.