Chickpeas Salad with Sesame and Garlic Dressing
Eating healthy is easy if you have flavorful and variety of recipes. I normally start with what ingredients I like and rest just follows. This recipe, crunchy Chickpeas Salad with Sesame and Garlic Dressing, is perfect for summer lunch and would be wonderful for side dish for summer picnics or barbeques.
1 15 oz Can of Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) or 1 and ½ Cups.
2/3 Cup Diced Cucumber
2/3 Cup Diced Tomatoes
½ Cup Diced Celery
½ Cup Bell Pepper (you can use red, orange or yellow)
2/3 Cup Chopped Water Cress
¼ Cup Chopped Fennel Bulb
1 -2 Tbsp Raw Sunflower Seeds
3 Tbsp Tahini
3 Cloves Garlic (minced or pressed)
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tsp Red Wine Vinegar
¼ Tsp Black Pepper
Salt to Taste
*Dice all salad veggies approximately same size as chickpeas.
- I a mixing bowl, add Chickpeas, Cucumber, Tomatoes, Celery, Bell Pepper, Fennel, and Water Cress.
- Toss everything together.
- In another mixing bowl all ingredients for dressing and whisk everything together. This will be very thick so add water gradually to thin the dressing to until it is pasty. Be careful to not add too much water as after adding dressing veggies in salad will also release water. You don’t want to make it too runny. You can also use raw Sesame Oil to liquefy the dressing instead of water.
- Pour dressing over the salad and again toss everything together until dressing is well distributed.
- Now not that the salad is not nutty and crunchy, sprinkle sunflower seed over the salad.