Boondi Ki Kadhi
Are you looking for quick, easy and delicious dinner idea? Try Boonki Ki Kadhi. You can’t go wrong with this one, as it will please kids and adults. This Kadhi with rice is one of my absolute favorite/comfort foods. I learned this from my sister and she makes it the best, so this is to her! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
2/3 Cup Yogurt
1 Tsp Shredded Ginger
½ Tsp Salt
3 ½ Cups Water
2 ½ Tbsp Besan (Chickpea Flour)
¼ Tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
1 ¼ Cup Boondi
2 Tbsp Ghee (Purified Butter)
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
Pinch of Asafetida
2 -3 Whole Red Chili
8 -10 Curry Leaves
½ Tsp Red Chili Powder
- In a sauce pan, add Yogurt, Salt, Turmeric, Besan, Ginger, 2 Curry Leave and 2 cups of water.
- Using hand blender, Bled everything until Kadhi Base is well mixed.
- Add remaining water and mix.
- Turn on Flame to medium-high and bring Kadhi to boil.
- On Medium flame let is cook until it is in Medium consistency or until ¼ of liquid has evaporated. Note that you don’t want the base to be very thick.
- Once the Kadhi is of Medium consistency, add Boondi.
- To tamper, in a small sauce pan or kadhai, heat ghee. Once, it is hot, add, Cumin Seeds, Asafetida, Whole Red Chilies, Curry Leaves, and Red Chili Powder.
- Cook for 20 -30 seconds and pour it over the Kadhi.
- Mix and taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes and serve it hot with rice.
Tip: If you are using store bought booni, be mindfull of amount salt you add. Boondies will be salted.