Aloo with Fennel and Peanuts
6 medium to small Potatoes
1 Tsp Sesame Seeds
1 Tbsp Fennel Seeds
¼ Cup whole Peanuts
3 Tbsp Oil
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
3 Whole Red Chili
8 -10 Curry Leaves
2 Green Chili sliced.
1/8 tsp Aamchur Powder (Dried Mango Powder)
1/8 Tsp Red Chili Powder
Salt to taste
2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander Leave
- Peel and cut Potatoes in to medium size cubes
- Cook them in Microwave for about 4 minutes or until they completely cooked.
- Coarsely Crush Sesame Seeds and Fennel Seeds together.
- Coarsely Crush Peanuts.
- In a Pan heat oil.
- Once oil is hot, add Cumin Seeds and Asafetida.
- Add Curry Leaves, Green Chili, and whole Red Chilies and cook for 20-30 seconds.
- Decrease the heat to medium and add Crushed Peanuts and cook it for about 1 minute.
- Add Crushed Sesame Seeds ad Fennel Seeds and cook for another minute.
- Add Aamchur Powder, Red Chili Powder, and Salt to taste and mix
- Add Potatoes and Mix well.
- Let it cook for 3- 5 minutes on medium heat covered.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Turn off the flame and add Coriander Leaves and mix.
Serve Hot with Paratha and Yogurt.