2 Cups of Thick Poha
¼ Cup Finely Chopped bell Pepper
¼ Cup Finely Chopped Potatoes
¼ Cup Finely Chopped Onion
1/3 Cup Peas Frozen or Fresh
1/8 Cup Corn Frozen or Fresh
1/8 Cup Finely Chopped Carrot
6-8 Curry Leaves
½ tsp Mustard Seeds
1 Green Chili
2 tbsp Oil
1 tsp lemon juice (or to taste)
1 ½ tsp Sugar (optional)
1 ½ tsp Salt (or to taste)
½ tsp Turmeric
½ tsp Red Chili Powder
¼ cup water plus water to wash Poha
Pinch of Asafetida
- Heat Oil in a kadhai/sauce pan and add mustard seeds. Make sure the oil is hot enough. To test the oil, add a few seed at first and if they pop right way, the oil is ready.
- Add Asafetida and Curry leaves and fry for about 30 seconds
- Add Onions, chopped Green Chili , and let is cook for a minutes
- Add Potatoes mix, cover and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Wash Poha with warm water thoroughly I a colander so excess water is drained and set aside.
- Add rest of vegetables and ½ tsp of salt. Mix and cook covered for 7-10 minutes or until they are cook completely. Stir occasionally.
- While vegetables are cooking make sure poha is soaking water and is soft. Sprinkle more water if needed.
- Once Vegetables are cooked, add turmeric, ad red chili powder, salt and mix well.
- Add Poha and mix well.
10. Take ¼ cup warm water, dissolve sugar, and mix lemon juice to water.
11. Sprinkle sugar-lemon water over Poha and mix well.
12. Cover and let it cook for 5-7 minutes on low heat.
13. Add Coriander leaves mix and serve warm.