Stuffed Spinach(Palak) Kebab
½ cup of greated Paneer
2 large sized Potatoes boiled and mashed
Ginger and Green Chilies paste (1 inch piece Ginger and 2 Green Chilies)
1/2 medium bunch Spinach (Palak) finely chopped
1 tsp Chaat masala
1 tsp Garam masala powder
4 tbsps Cornstarch
1-2 string Cheese sticks or 12-15 ¼ inch cubes of Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Green peas boiled and mashed (OPTIONAL)
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl, mix in grated paneer, potatoes, peas, spinach, ginger-chili paste, salt, chaat masala and garam masala powder.
- Add two tablespoons of cornstarch for binding.
- If you are using string cheese, cut it in to about 1/8 of inch slices 12-15, or cut mozzarella cheese in ¼ inch of cubes.
- Shape the mixture into balls and stuff each with one slice of string cheese or a cube of Mozzarella cheese. Press between your palms to flatten.
- Heat sufficient oil in a frying pan.
- Roll kebabs in remaining cornstarch and deep-fry till golden brown in color.
- Remove from oil and drain them on paper towel for a few minutes.
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice or ketchup.
You can also coat the kebabs with breadcrumbs for crisper crust. Just add some water to Corn starch to make thin smooth paste. Deep each kebab in the corn starch paste then in breadcrumbs before frying.